Reply to post: The Internet's not working

Today I shall explain how dual monitors work using the medium of interpretive dance

Dazed and Confused

The Internet's not working

One 130-mile trip was to deal with a complaint that "the Internet isn't working" only to find the network cable stuck to the top of the monitor.

OK, it was probably only 13 miles but one day I got a call from the idiot a friend paid to man the phone. Quick check from home and I couldn't even get as far as the BT router.

So I dutifully drive down to take a look.

First thing I notice that it's awfully quiet where the idiots desk is. Now the desk is in the antichamber to the computer room.

I glace through the window in the door... nothing... This is supposed to be a computer room so full of racks you have to move things to get behind either row.

Now there's nothing.

Walking in I find the normally packed room isn't quite empty, the rack of my own personal kit is pushed into one corner where it can't be seen from the door, it's disconnected. The fibre from BT is strewn across the floor and isn't connected to anything. BT's router is propped against a wall at an angle and not plugged into anything.

I turn to the idiot. "So anything I should know?"

Oh yes, they came in yesterday to take all the kit away. Does that make a difference?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon