Reply to post: Re: Carbon neutral

Tesla owners win legal fight after software update crippled older Model S batteries

jake Silver badge

Re: Carbon neutral

"What's the cost/risk to having fuel storage on site?"

Same as having it stored in your vehicle ... and actually, the storage tanks are made of heavier-duty materials than a typical vehicle's fuel tank.

"I'm sure you have to have a permit and at least annual inspections with aren't going to be free."

No permit (it's in the zoning), and no government inspection, My insurance company eyeballs my entire setup yearly, but they'd do that with or without the added fuel storage. There is no (added) cost or fee for this.

As I noted, two of the tanks are farm-use only, and two are over-the-road (the fifth holds 100LL for my A152). We never risk the fines for running farm-only on the road. Not worth it. Very, very occasionally I will run a little of the 100LL in an ancient bike or car that requires leaded fuel, but that's for special events, club rallys, track days and the like. Legally, it's a grey area just like running NOS brake linings and clutches with actual asbestos in them (which I don't do, but some of the Concourse guys do).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon