Reply to post: I don't know what Cummings motives are:

Dominic Cummings: Health secretary's 'stupid' targets delayed building UK test and trace system to combat COVID

John H Woods Silver badge

I don't know what Cummings motives are:

they could be anything between cynicism and moral epiphany and I'm not sure even his friends know.

What I do know is that absolutely nothing he said was surprising despite the "Domshell" headlines. The only thing that was remotely surprising is that it was getting said out loud and on the record. I think pretty much anybody with more than half a brain strongly suspected, if not knew, that it was going down exactly like this.

I hear a lot of comment that he's out for revenge or even that what he is saying is 'unsubstantiated' but I'm hearing precious few people claiming it's actually false. Meanwhile the government are banging on about the success of the vaccine roll out which is a remarkable success for the UK but not really that much to do with HMG: the most credit they can take, AFAICS is the gamble with stretching the intradose interval which, luckily for them, paid off.

Meanwhile Matt Hancock says he didn't watch the testimony because he was "too busy saving lives" - I mean does he really believe this? Does he really believe anybody else does? I suspect he'd have saved more lives if he'd gone off sick and left it to the detested bureaucrats and experts to handle.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon