Reply to post: Just a shame

Amazon puts an $8.5bn MGM in its shopping cart, clicks on checkout

heyrick Silver badge

Just a shame

That they don't invest a millionth of that money in making their Prime Video app something other than a painful user unfriendly heap of shit.

There's no "coming soon", the "recently added" recycles the same few things endlessly, the search is dire and when an exact match doesn't exist it makes suggestions that are basically genre roulette and have nothing to do with what you were looking for...

...and a personal whinge since I'm in France is that so much stuff is in French. I know that sounds odd but there are loads of movies obviously of English language origin (usually American) where the only audio is a dub of questionable quality. Plus it's damned near impossible to browse anything much in Amazon's playlist. It's almost as if they don't really want you watching anything.

All these reasons and more are why I watch Netflix more these days. Amazon might be world class at selling stuff, but when it comes to a good user friendly video service, Prime Video is practically a masterclass in how to screw up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon