Reply to post: Re: Good. Now for the rest.

Brit watchdog shows some teeth over McAfee antivirus auto-renewals

nematoad
Unhappy

Re: Good. Now for the rest.

"...It should be as easy to leave as to join..."

But it's not as I have found to my cost. It's made as difficult and complicated as possible. A deliberate decision by Amazon.

Having said that at least I did manage to free myself from their clammy grasp which is more than I can say about EVE. I stopped playing EVE about a year ago due to some unfair and discriminatory changes CCP made. I let my my subscription lapse and thought no more about it until I recently got an e-mail from CCP congratulating me on renewing my subscription and taking £ 29 from my bank account. I asked that the unauthorised charge be reversed and told them in no uncertain terms that I would be the one deciding if I wished to spend money with them again, not them. I did get a reply from a GM telling me that they had cancelled the subscription and refunded the money.

Why should I have to have done all that? Are these companies so short of money that once they have you they are most reluctant to let you leave.

No, didn't think so. They seem to regard their "customers" as a resource not people to do business with. Remember a good shepherd shears his sheep, he does not skin them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon