Reply to post: Re: Invest in mosquito screens.

Just what is the poop capacity of an unladen sparrow? We ask because one got into the office and left quite a mess

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Invest in mosquito screens.

I have them on my bedroom windows (UK). Over the years I was driven to distraction by the bugs being attracted to my monitors and TV. At one time I even got a thrip which crawled inside my display and was moving around like that annoying GIF people sometimes use as an avatar.

The flyscreens (with midge mesh to keep thrips out) work perfectly.

The poop discharge capacity of small birds is a a complex function of what they've been eating, whether or not my car is underneath them, and whether or not it's just been cleaned and waxed. There's also the fact that they only s(h)it on the couple of metres of phone line that's above my car, and not the other 20 metres or so. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

Then there was the time when I parked under a tree in the middle of summer to talk to someone. There was an almighty thump, the car appeared to rock, and a turd the size of a house brick had splatted on the windscreen. I don't know what was up there, and I didn't want to. So I'll blame the pigeons again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon