Reply to post: Re: Yeah Virgin customer service!

UK's competition watchdog gives £31bn Virgin Media and O2 merger the seal of approval

JimboSmith Silver badge
WTF?

Re: Yeah Virgin customer service!

Yeah Virgin customer service!

Ring Ring (repeat for 20 minutes).

Hello my name is David (it clearly isn't), how may I help you.

I can't get a signal on my phone. I can't make or receive calls or texts. Its OK on WiFi, so I can get Internet. I've rebooted it and took the sum in and out.

No problem can you restart the phone.

I've done that several times

I need you to reboot the phone please.

Still nothing.

OK I noticed you said your WiFi isn't working.........

Same sort of thing when I used to be a customer of the predecessor NTL: The cable channel I wanted to watch a film on was showing an advert that had stopped midway through and there was an on screen display (OSD). I called the customer service number and was put on to a nice lady. I explained that the channel had frozen and she asked me to do things with the remote. I explained that I worked for a broadcaster and had engineer in my title. I said their headend for that channel has fallen over and needed rebooting. She insisted it could still be my box and could we try the remote please.

I offered to identify the headend manufacturer based on the OSD. She then said she agreed with me, but she had to follow procedures so I acquiesced and followed her instructions. At the end of these she confirmed it wasn't my box. I wanted to know when it would be rebooted and she said nine o'clock great says I just before the film starts. Ah no it'll be 9am not 9pm before anyone gets there to do any work. I said if I ran my services like that the company would be fined. I wasn't a customers for much longer after that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon