Reply to post: Re: Efficiency?? Ha ha ha ha….

Lessons have not been learned: Microsoft's Modern Comments leave users reaching for the rollback button

Joe W Silver badge

Re: Efficiency?? Ha ha ha ha….

Hmmm. Maybe you are on the "home"-style of Win10 (or more likely, on a more recent build than I am - our IT moves slowly with these, not others, thankfully). This is my first Windows system in about two decades, and it just works, at least well enough to use. I would hardly describe it as a pleasure to use, and I do miss running everything from the bash, opening specific documents is easier from the command line (no, we cannot be allowed to use the Linux-Subsystem-thingy, but some programs bring a bash along, though the windows integration of that is... poor). I have never experienced the behaviour described above by "Rich 2", despite using vim as my main editor.

Is it a great system? No. Does it suck as many describe it? No, not for me. It feels waaay more stable than the last Windows versions I used (I think that was Win 98 and Win2000 - though I recall the latter was actually not that bad).

Having had to do some stuff at my wife's laptop (Win10 Home, or whatever): this is $(deity)-awful. If it was my system I'd a) install Linux on it (if I can get the drivers.... good grief!) or at least b) spring for the "Pro" version of M$' offerings, as there is so much less crap that comes with it (or maybe our IT department's windows desktop group cleans up their installation image a lot, don't know).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon