Reply to post:

Fancy trying to explain Microsoft Teams to your parents? They may ask about the new Personal version

tyne

In the corporate hell hole I call work.. We use Skype for Business (aka Lync) as our main telephony, but it doesn’t play nice with Outlook 365 and causes no end of problems with corrupted cached credentials.

Then came along zoom which we have all been encouraged to use for video calls...

Then Teams landed.... It’s possible to have our real world phone number surfaced to Teams instead of SfB but it breaks the call delegate groups we rely on to work as a team and we cannot find a way to create groups that function in the way we’ve had SfB working for years..

So I’m sat with Skype, zoom and teams open on my PC, with all of the fighting for control of the audio devices. Answer a call in Teams and SfB looses sight of my headset mic and tries to use the laptops built in mic which is inside the closed lid as the machine is in a docking station..

I know MS are trying to kill SfB off, in favour of Teams, and I’d welcome having one less communications application to juggle.. but we need feature parity so we can do what we did with the old products, before we need shiny new features from the minds of of marketing men...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021