Reply to post: Re: Inclusive must mean that we only include things that we like...

Guy who wrote women are 'soft, weak, cosseted, naive' lasted about a month at Apple until internal revolt

aerogems Silver badge

Re: Inclusive must mean that we only include things that we like...

And the prerequisite "everything I disagree with is communism/marxism/cancel culture" comment has been made. Now we just need someone to be compared to Hitler and we can call it a day.

To me it's an amusing, if unexpected, reversal of the idiotic citizen's united case here in the States which deemed corporations people. The idea was that it would allow them to donate more money to conservative politicians, but now customers and employees are exerting pressure of their own to threaten to cut off that money spigot and conservatives are going ape shit. Like Ted "I'll throw my own daughters under the bus" Cruz saying he won't accept donations from certain companies any longer, meaning they probably cut him off and he's trying to spin it like it was his choice.

In any event, it's clear you didn't even read the article before just assuming you know what it said and came here to comment, there are certain opinions that simply should not be accepted no matter what. Should we accept that someone wants to violently murder everyone of the muslim faith? Should we accept someone who calls for the extermination of an entire ethnicity? What about someone who says all Asians are inferior in every way to all other races, should we accept that? What if I said that anyone who agrees with your opinion should be executed immediately, would you accept that?

While I could definitely write off the quote about women in Silicon Valley as just being an opinion based on his experiences, when he started stalking some woman on social media that's a worrying sign to say the least. At the end of the day, this guy would need to work with a number of women and people of various minorities to do his job. That requires a certain level of trust, which he does not have with those people. So, from Apple's POV, it could fire one person or dozens. Which do you suppose any rational person would do?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon