Reply to post: Re: Get your tin foil hat on!

'Biggest data grab' in NHS history stuffs GP records in a central store for 'research' – and the time to opt out is now

awavey

Re: Get your tin foil hat on!

Yes I remember filling in what they called workplace pulse surveys that were badged as completely anonymous so you should feel safe to answer open & honestly your thoughts & feelings on your work environment,even though TPHB had lists of those that didnt fill them in.

But you had to fill in your gender and age for some kind of diversity in the workplace profiling.

Well when you were the only 30 year old woman filling in a survey in the workplace and your gender/age range made up about 1% of the company's workforce, you didnt need to wear a tinfoil hat to recognise you were instantly very identifiable if people chose to look at the data in certain subsets.

Whilst I doubt US companies will get upto any nefariousness with this medical data as I'm sure the NHS partners with plenty of UK ones who are more than competent of doing that themselves, whilst also accidentally leaving backups of it on trains, or with back doors on databases held on the internet, it's not going to be anonymous data and that alone should raise red flags to people concerned about their rights to privacy

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon