Reply to post: Re: Don't buy an iPhone Maybe?

Day 3 of the Apple vs Epic trial: What actually is an iPhone anyway?

razza

Re: Don't buy an iPhone Maybe?

"Not even on your own house?"

OK, 1998 has called asking for its AOL back. Walled gardens are useful at the beginning. Apple's mobile App Store was a revelation in mobile internet of the time. It built the foundations of non-HTML mobile internet. But like AOL, that model's time has passed from being the only and dominant one.

If you are happy, that's all that matters. Turn aside those sniggering forum posters with their inverted snobbery - they're just jealous! It makes no difference, really, except to your bank balance.

As mentioned above - Mr Bean used an iPad. It's over... walk away. Even the "i" in their naming they nicked from iMode.

Yeah, the are great. But thank goodness there are those who can see through the marketing and demystify the self-created aura of oneness obtainable only through selected outlet channels, and yours for just £1000 - or that's just $60 a month for x years on tick-style. Techies are not really blaming the non-techies as those non-techies have - like us all - a soft spot for shiny shiny new! We are worse than non-techies!

Your money - ur spend as u choose. But, please, remember, it cost you 30% more than it should of done and that has mostly paid for the marketing department's latte skinny puke-inducing foul soy-milk based hot beverage at $10 a sot - $0.90 to cover overhead costs etc, and the rest buys you faux smugness.

My GREATEST fear for my future money making is that Apple release a properly cheap device.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon