Reply to post: Re: Why bother with 3D printing

Appeals court nixes online blueprint sharing ban on 3D-printed 'ghost guns'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Why bother with 3D printing

WTF are you talking about? Not sure where you live, but the press here is very vocal about any local crime that happens, much to the annoyance of the NT govt. As is the TV news, which reports any shootings anywhere in the country.

Crime is up here in Darwin over the last couple of years, but that is due to NT government stupidity making it very difficult for the itinerant community to get booze, so they are breaking in and stealing it. That is widely reported. This still bears no relation to the levels of violence seen in the US due to the wide and easy availability of guns. I still feel safe walking the streets and my chances of encountering anyone with a gun are extremely small. This is despite the fact that the last "mass shooting" to happen in Australia was in Darwin in 2019. A bikie gang member went on a spree with a shotgun and killed 4 people. Bad enough, but could have been much worse if he had a high capacity automatic weapon.

I am sure the "Australian" government (I assume you are talking about the Commonwealth government) would love to suppress a lot of news, but the press here is free and vicious.

On the one hand you say crime is up so you have obviously heard about it. On the other you claim reporting of crime is being suppressed. Which is it?

The ABS reports 416 homicides nationally for the 2019 reporting period.

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/people/crime-and-justice/recorded-crime-victims/2019

Are you claiming that they are being suppressed as well? Do you believe in QAnon?

Stay angry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon