Reply to post: Re: But aren't they required by EU law?

Vivaldi update unleashes the 'Cookie Crumbler' to simply block any services asking for consent (sites may break)

Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: But aren't they required by EU law?

I downvoted because you didn't give a reason to have adverts on a web site that apparently only you use, intentionally. As for consent, since it is your web site, presumably you already consent to everything that it does.

I suppose that I could find your web site, accidentally, if Google knows about it. If it is a hosted Wiki, for instance.

Then you would have to have consent control on any feature of it that amounts to me providing information to the web site, instead of the other way around.

Otherwise, I suppose that "Authorized users only" and a login or PIN prompt as the front page would be enough to legally keep me out and let you in.

That just leaves that (1) running a web site may be not your main job or skill set and some of this stuff can be hard, and (2) what if you are temporarily working at the hardware key logger factory in the testing department.

For (2) you could create a separate account in your web site, stevie_when_at_keyloggers when you log in from that job.

For (1) you could just put all the data for your personal use onto Facebook and let them do the admin. But then using that in the workplace may be frowned on.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon