Reply to post: Re: Time was...

Can't get that printer to work? It's not you. It's that sodding cablin.... oh beautiful job with that cabling, boss

Tom 7

Re: Time was...

Its all part of a general accountancy short sightedness. Some things have to be paid for but some people are allowed to avoid it and think they are clever as a result. Its like out of town shopping - lower rates means they can charge less so the in town stuff suffers and those living in the town end up paying more in council tax than they saved out of town and have to pay fuel to get their because they saved 10p on their council tax and the bus service has gone so they have to pay few quid to drive to the out of town shops and lose a wheel in the pot hole they saved 10p on their council tax not fixing so that's another £50 and some serious wear on the suspension. Today I have to drive 20 mile to a town to get a plumbing part I used to be able to get a couple of miles away but the shop couldn't afford the council tax and rent and is now a dog charity shop so I'm paying tax to the landlord and extra fuel and car wear and tear because someone fell for voting for an idiot who promises to save them a fraction of that in council tax.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon