Reply to post: Ahh, thefts...

Can't get that printer to work? It's not you. It's that sodding cablin.... oh beautiful job with that cabling, boss

Johan-Kristian Wold 1

Ahh, thefts...

I work in the construction industry, and one of the «side quests» I usually get tasked with is making inventory of tools, fixing up what can be fixed etc..

At one of my old jobs, I had quite the pile of old tools to go through, and a lot of this was pretty knackered, so I put aside everything I considered not worth the effort of repairing in a tool container outside, to be taken away once I had a trip to the dump.

One afternoon, I got a call from the cops - «we have stopped a guy with a lot of equipment, and some of it had stickers with the company name. We know you work there (small town) - can you come by and have a look at it, and see what belongs to you?»

As I was out driving, I just dropped in and had a look. The bugger had raided the container with all the broken tools. Some of them was even marked with «defect».

I told the cops what tools used to belong to us, and «no, I don’t want them back». The cops got to take the stuff to the dump, and saved me the effort

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon