Reply to post: Re: Why bother with 3D printing

Appeals court nixes online blueprint sharing ban on 3D-printed 'ghost guns'

yetanotheraoc Silver badge

Re: Why bother with 3D printing

"The rural and southern states simply would not be on board for the very good reason that the population tends to be more conservative in those states."

Conservative is much more complicated than people allow. Where I live now I am not "from here", and am probably one of the most liberal people around. My own dear departed aunt called me a "rotten Democrat". I don't own a gun/firearm/weapon of any kind, nor would I want one. I have however taken safety training, and fired both long and short guns. And indeed I am in favor of the right to bear arms. One hundred percent of the gun owners known to me are responsible citizens and allow for neither gun accidents, nor gun homicides, nor *shudder* mass shootings. Not only is there no hope of getting 2/3 of the states to rescind the 2nd amendment, I don't even think you would find 1/2 of the population to be in favor of such rescission. Any debate is strictly on the margins of how much or how little additional control. And *that* is the state of conservative sentiment in the USA.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon