Reply to post: A thought

Brit MPs and campaigners come together to oppose COVID status certificates as 'divisive and discriminatory'

iced.lemonade

A thought

i think the critical issue about vaccine is that for different people with different health status / age / medical background, there are just so many unknowns on the side-effects of each kind of vaccine which is unconvincing to many people who are not facing severe risk of infection vs much higher risk of undocumented outcomes after taking the jab. if the supplier of the vaccine / health organization providing the jab are more transparent to the result of the ones taken the jab many more people will take the jab because they have the data, can decide to jab or not or which kind of vaccine they will take with justification based on that data. it's ultimately a matter of trust more than anything else.

i'm from hk, and i am taking a variety of blood-sugar-regulating medications and others so i won't risk myself to the vaccine yet. everyone in the gov't here and other countries seems to tone down the consequence if you have any health problems that you may have, and unknown to you and even your family doctor, before taking the jab. for example, in my limited knowledge, people with long-term health problems, like SLE, or other people with potential issues (especially blood-vessel-related) with their heart / brain, and those aged 60 and above, are likely to have fatal or unrecoverable consequences after taking the vaccine, and the 'experts', when facing the report of such cases, routinely say something that 'they already have condition a, b, c and some of x, y, z so they are dying normally and not linked to the vaccine' and it is hardly assuring.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon