Reply to post: Re: "more of a super-cruise-control"

'There was no one driving that vehicle': Texas cops suspect Autopilot involved after two men killed in Tesla crash

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: "more of a super-cruise-control"

Nah, tried that, nothing. Even rolled the car half a turn (with three of the five bolts loosely fitted) but it wouldn't budge. Fed a tie-down strap through the wheel and got three of the children to help pull. Not a squeak.

I was wary of the sledgehammer due to it being an alloy wheel, but it did the trick (looking back, we were parked in the car park of a recently harvested forestry - could probably have found a large lump of wood to use instead, which might have been a bit less harsh). Thing is, why did it freeze on? I have been driving for over 30 years and have had alloy-wheeled cars for the last 20 years or so and I have never had a wheel do that before. This particular car is only two years old and has only had one service so far (another one due soon) so I'm blaming the garage who probably looked at the mileage, glanced at the disc through the gaps in the wheel and decided not to bother taking the thing off for a proper shufty.

With it being such a new car we took it to the dealer, but normally we take cars to "a bloke" who knows us and them well...

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon