Reply to post: Re: I'm a leaver

God bless this mess: Study says UK's Christian beliefs had 'important' role in Brexit

Sandtitz Silver badge
Meh

Re: I'm a leaver

"Because unless the people of europe can actually get rid of the people in charge then theres no point in having an EU"

What's the point for House of Lords if you can't get rid of them? (or the monarch)

Is there any point in the whole UN just because UK and a few other countries cling to a permanent seat in the Security Council?

How do you get rid of a member of parliament or the Home Secretary or ministers or your nationally appointed EU commissioner or the MEP?

The democratic option is to vote for another person/party when the current term is coming to an end. Simple as that.

"doing a fine job of organising the EU's response to corona virus.. so good in fact that member countries are off buying their own vaccine supplies instead of relying on the EU."

The obvious problem is that there isn't enough supply at the moment. Research for covid vaccines started only a year ago and while the vaccines from several pharma companies came out in record time, the supply hasn't scale up, and it is not the fault of EU. I'm sure the fight against covid and vaccine procurement could have been done way better than has been done - this applies to all governments world-wide. Boris and Donald downplayed the 'flu' until both were hospitalised.

Yes, there are some EU countries allying closely with Russia and buying (or trying to buy) Sputnik. Russia will gladly supply its vaccines if it can cause rife between EU countries.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon