Reply to post: Re: Another test of General Relativity

CERN boffins zap antimatter with ultraviolet lasers in the hope of revealing the secret symmetry of the universe

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Another test of General Relativity

"Incidentally experiments like this are one of the best answers to the idiot 'scientists are all conspiring to keep their comfortable theories alive' people: no-one thinks these gravitational experiments on antimatter will have interesting outcomes – everyone thinks it will just behave the same way matter does under gravity – but here they are doing experiments to check that, because that's what you do."

Well they certainly won't travel backwards in time now will they! That would be ridiculous, violating all sorts of causal relationships.

1) Gravity is not bending space. Space is just a coordinate system of our choosing for our physics model. At best GR fixes up the coordinate system for some errors. A corrected physics model wouldn't need the fix-up, and space cannot both simultaneously bend to fix-up one model, and not-bend to not-fix-up another model. Recognize that GR is a fixup.

2) You have a universe expansion effect and a compression effect, mislabeled as a fundamental constant force 'gravity'. You hypothesize that these cancel out and that matter is stable at our level, neither contracting nor expanding at *our* level. My! Aren't we special!? Two opposing effects magically cancel at our level! No of course we are not, we just perceive it like that so we built the model like that. It works at local distances and not at universe distances, proof that we misunderstood it.

When I put it like that you can see the ludicrous nature of it. If we were the incredible shrinking man on the incredible shrinking planet, the universe would appear to be expanding, because we would be shrinking faster than the distance between galaxies. One gravity-like clumping effect resulting in an apparent opposing effect, simply because of the way we perceive it. Not *two* opposing effects that magically cancel out at our level, *one* that no longer magically needs to cancel out.

So I put it to you that the effect underpinning gravity and the effect of universe expansion derive from the same effect, and they do *not* handily cancel out to zero at our level.

Stop clinging to falsehoods or get a thicker skin. I'm just an AC here, stating the obvious to you.

If the particle is moving then so must be the electrons in the detector and everything you've ever seen is the net effect of the oscillating field and the oscillating particle.

As I said, 5 words, "electric is an oscillating force".

Gravity is not a fundamental force, it could not be as long as there are well understood electric clumping effects unaccounted for, there must be an electric component of gravity. Hence gravity includes an electric component and is not fundamental.

At least 3 net oscillations result in net zero motion in less than nObservable oscillations with respect to a given observer. Those 3 dimensions, color forces, mass.... they're right here too.

I state the obvious here.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon