Reply to post: It could be you..

Facebook says dump of 533m accounts is old news. But my date of birth, name, etc haven't changed in years, Zuck

Jellied Eel Silver badge

It could be you..

The very patient girl on the phone (I had site issues - my fault) told me I had to give them my real one.

I had similar, although they wanted me to confirm the number on my driving licence. Which I thought was a bit odd as I'd never given it to them, and really hoped the DVLA hadn't flogged it to Camelot. It did prompt me to do a bit of digging (yey, DNS!) to check it was the real Camelot, which it seemed to be. But by that point I'd got bored with it.

Much like Facepalm, the lottery is a mugs game given the odds of a jackpot win are worse than the odds of being hit by lightning, or I think meteorites. And if one survived those experiences, fulgurites & meteorites can probably be flogged for more than the average lottery punter's winnings. And in the interests of safety, flying a kite on a sandy beach* during a thunderstom might produce a fulgurite, but it might not be you who benefits.

*Being the Internet, I saw a.. thing, which looked interesting, searched for more info and eventually found someone on YT who's set up a field of lightning rods in a storm prone area. They've had some success in summoning one of nature's curios.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon