Reply to post: Re: They really need to call it a day...

Another successful flight for SpaceX's Starship apart from the landing-in-one-piece thing

HelpfulJohn

Re: They really need to call it a day...

Re your "1": I'd go. I'm absolutely sure that not even a Texan would eat my remains, it would be far cheaper than any form of funeral and it looks to be a quick exit, probably a warm one, too.

Re your "2": I'd go. Hell, I'd go in a fleet of those space station resupply pods even if I knew it was a high probability of the landing being more of a meteoric display than a gentle bump. It's months without gravity, months without being threatened by SARS III, IV and V and months of being able to see the stars as the elder gods intended - no damned city lights or car headlamps blinding me. Yerp, even as a slow euth. machine, it sounds marvellous and there would always be the possibility of a successful landing, after which I could spend years puttering about fixing Oppy, finding and charging Beagle, looking for the long-buried Old Martian cities and other useful stuff.

I'm surely not doing anything *here* to help Humanity, being Old Elron Musketeer's crash test dummy would at least be a contribution.

How do I sign up?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon