Reply to post: Re: (Can't...stop...the... voices....)

Yep, you're totally unique: That one very special user and their very special problem

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: (Can't...stop...the... voices....)

Done here in Argentina, at the start of the century, it was pretty common for any graphics design student to come off the university with pre-formatted ideas such as "Macs are just better", or "Photoshop runs better on Mac" or "the Adobe suite is Mac native" and other bullshit.

It has to do with the perceived elitism we all know. Even more when a professor shows up with his/hers lighting bitten apple thingy on a class full of cash starved students.

So most of the junior designers I stumbled upon on my freelance IT jobs were always using some of those cliches as their golden hammer whenever their top-tier Windows workstations weren't able to do what they demanded from it. . Most of the time the equivalent Mac would have been either twice the cost or performed equally or worse. But there was no way to change their minds...

Nowadays, at the Big Blue™, I crack a laugh whenever a manager starts bitching about how they have to twist their fingers to do something simple as a multi-row selection in Excel, or how they can't lock their Macs to the desk because those infamous POSes don't have Kensington lock hole. But they surely love to go up and down the hall carrying their lighting bitten apple thingy...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon