Reply to post: Wow, finally!

Free Software Foundation urged to free itself of Richard Stallman by hundreds of developers and techies

CRConrad

Wow, finally!

If this is true( sorry, not trying to call you a liar; but you are just a bloke saying something on the Internet, right?), it's the first concrete example of him behaving like an asshole. Everyone else I've seen saying that has only claimed "they know" he is. So, sure, incriminating... (Though I reserve the right to not yet call it conclusive.)

It's a bit like the wide-spread "constantly harassing women for sex" thing that you also mention: Here, you don't give any concrete example. Neither has anyone else in this most recent spate of condemnations. And no, this isn't (I hope, and think) a case of "If you'd read up on it, you'd know". I did follow all the links and read all the blog posts and whatnot, back when this first erupted in 2019. And nowhere did anyone mention what, exactly, this "constant harassment" was supposed to have consisted of — except ONE young (at the time) woman, whom he apparently asked out on a date sometime in the late 80s, early 90s (sorry, I forget; it's been over a year). From all I could gather, it went like this: He asked. She said no. And that was it. This gives rise to two questions: A) How the fuck is that "harassment"?!?, and B) Is this also what you were talking about? Because if it is (B, that is), then sorry, but no: AFAICS that's far from enough to make someone an un-person over.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon