Reply to post: Re: The world has gone mad

Whatever 'normal' is, global CEOs don't expect to see it return before 2022 and are ploughing funds into security

Jimmy2Cows Silver badge

Re: The world has gone mad

Yeah, because no one under 80 died from COVID, right? And all those 30-somethings, 20-somethings, children who died from it... they are fake news, didn't happen, right?.

Wrong. It's twats like you spreading misinformation about the severity, infectiousness and mortality of this "minor" disease that enable it to continue spreading.

The "blip" as you call it has only been restricted to around 2.6 million worldwide because of the global extreme measures taken.

As a percentage of the 7 billion people on the planet, that is tiny, almost insignificant. But that's statistics.

As an absolute number, which is the reality, it's an awful tragedy, one which I certainly hope never to see again in my lifetime, nor my kids' lifetimes.

Yes, lockdowns and restrictions are a burden, and we all want them gone as soon as is safe, but without these the death rates would have been way higher.

People with your attitude are not part of the solution. You're part of the problem.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon