Reply to post: Re: In two minds ...

UK monopoly watchdog launches probe after iOS app makers slam Apple software store's draconian T&Cs

Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Re: In two minds ...

I'm not quite sure as to whether you have answered your own question. I'm not defending Apple here BTW but I'm not sure lose control of anything, you still have the choice as to how you distribute your software and on what platforms. I quite like the fact that Apple vet and review apps as it keeps all of the malware and ad infested crap that plagues the Google play store away from my iPhone.

On the other hand, I think the % cut that Apple take is still very steep. I don't doubt that Apple have significant annual costs in maintaining the App store infrastructure and platform and content etc but I'm pretty sure that it is highly likely to be 90% profit for them these days. Perhaps a choice of payment processors could be offered to make the whole thing a bit more competitive, but I guess you'd still be at the whims of some back office secret handshake between them all to maintain the illusion of better value for the end user.

Tough one to agree on I guess.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon