Reply to post: Re: It's what we voted for!

Palantir and UK policy: Public health, public IT, and – say it with me – open public contracts

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: It's what we voted for!

while I think that Boris is a terrible choice for PM (and his pals equally terrible for any government), I would not blame him too much for UK's poor record. I mean, sure, he was as clueless (despite huffing and puffing and surrounding himself with 'boffins) as any other politician in Europe (or elsewhere). I have seen similar decisions, that turned to be (in hindsight) major or just usual disaster, being made in at least a few other countries, and their leaders making the same jerky moves and surrounding themselves with their local 'boffins', and implementing the same measures (too late) and loosening restrictions (too early), and introducing fresh lockdowns (too late / too early), and again and again. And they're all doing it know, which tells me that nobody has a clue how to do it, other than 'by vaccinations'. It seems that whatever tactic, or strategy has been implemented, the end result has been similar. Perhaps, a common denominator might be that ALL those leaders, and all those scientists surrounding them, that are meant to inspire confidence in The State, just don't know what to do with a pandemic in a mobile society.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon