Reply to post: Masks worked

Chin up, weary key workers: Google's pushing out a Workspace for frontliners

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Masks worked

Yeh "give us your data, big data will save the day! Do it for 911,^h^h^h erm Covid!".

Just a reminder that, yet again, masks work, closing mass meeting events works, hand sanitizer works. Thailand has controlled its third outbreak and is now opening up again. Peak was just over a thousand a day, most provinces are at zero and opening, MASKS ARE STILL BEING WORN, hands are still being sanitized, and people are still doing the infrared temperature check, so if there are other unknown clusters out there, they won't spread.

The one time I had to use the Morchana app (the Thai tracking app), I was lent a phone with the app already installed and set up for someone else, because I do not carry a phone, let alone one with Google spyware on it! That has been the one and only time I ever had to use that app. You just don't see people snapping those QR codes everywhere, but EVERYONE has their mask and uses the sanitizer. Everyone does the stuff that works because it works.

Companies wants to sell their high tech big data boondongles, but its the low tech basics that work. Front line workers need more mask on more customers and less of this bullshit.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon