Reply to post: Re: Woof!

Thirsty work: TSMC starts trucking in water amid Taiwan drought to keep chip production lines chugging

Cliffwilliams44 Silver badge

Re: Woof!

Its the same ol' same ol'

More storms = climate change

less storms = climate change

Hot summer = climate change

Cold winter = climate change

Having lived in North Florida close to 30 years I can tell you it was much warmer here in the 1990s than it is now. In 1994 it was 89 degrees on Christmas day. Have not seen anything like that in almost 15 years. January and February were our dry months, to the point of having many wildfires. Over the last 5 years these months have been quite wet.

Its quite possible that the industrialization of the late 19th century saved this planet from an impending ice age. In 900 AD England was so warm that they grew wine grapes that rivaled the quality of France. Then the cold came. So I wonder, why did the world not end then?

CO2 is our blanket, we live on the outer edge of this Solar systems "Goldilocks Zone", Reduce CO2 too far and we will get VERY cold! We will NEVER be Venus, no matter how much the alarmists would like you to believe. Venus is much closer to the sun, it has had a much thicker atmosphere most likely from its beginning. It also has a rotational period that is slightly less than it revolutionary period so the surface of the planet faces the sun far longer than Earth.

Planet Rotation Period Revolution Period

Venus 243 days 224.7 days

Earth 0.99 days 365.26 days

We would be better served by focusing on reducing actual pollutants that actually harm life on this planet. i.e. micro plastics in the ocean than the gas that actually stops this planet from becoming a ball of ice (which has happened in the past).

Experiment: Go to a desert and spend the night with no coat or blanket. You will experience just how cold things can get without the sun. Space is cold, very cold! There is ice at the poles of Mercury you know!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon