Reply to post: State's rights anyone?

House Republicans introduce legislation for outright ban on municipal broadband in the US

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

State's rights anyone?

Ever notice how the Republicans scream about State's Rights until it doesn't benefit the paymasters? But it really doesn't matter, people will still keep them in office. Republicans have figured out the magic words to use to get people to vote against their best interests, time and time again.

I've never felt more pessimistic about the future of the US as I do today. I had a rather sad conversation with my daughter the other day advising her to seriously consider moving to another country. I'm about done with my life and I'll deal with the decline (me and the country) on the way out, but she's got an entire life in front of her and I despair the future she and her family will face.

We Americans love to tell ourselves stories. We pretend this will always be a great country. It hasn't been for quite a while, and it's only getting worse. I used to be a proud American. Now I'm just ashamed at what we've become and thankful that both my parents, who fought for this country in WWII, aren't alive to see how we've squandered their sacrifice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon