Reply to post: Not all Californians are idiots...

UK Supreme Court declares Uber drivers are workers, not self-employed: Ride biz's legal battle ends in a crash

Shadow Systems

Not all Californians are idiots...

Some of us realized that "Gig Economy" workers were *employees* in all but name, so we voted against the Uber Law. Unfortunately too many bought the lie that "independant workers want" the law, which was absolute bullshit. No they didn't, they wanted to get paid a fair rate, get paid time off, have their medical bills covered, have their employer pay for the insurance premiums involved, and all the other benefits every other "official" cab driver would get.

I'm glad you folks over there on the right side of The Pond have the brains to call a turd a turd & slap the stupid out of the idiots trying to roll the damn thing in sprinkles. Those "Gig Economy" folks are *employees* & deserve to be paid as such. I just wish enough of us Californians could see that fact. And that statement coming from a totally blind person just makes it all the more difficult to swallow. I felt like screaming to the other voters "Damn it, WAKE UP! Open your eyes! When even the BLIND GUY can see the bullshit inherent in Uber's arguments, the rest of you SIGHTED folks have no fuckin' excuse!"

*Sigh*

Meteor strike. Total Extinction Event. Uber HQ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon