Reply to post: Re: Classic ploy

LastPass to limit fans of free password manager to one device type only – computer or mobile – from next month

yetanotheraoc Silver badge

Re: Classic ploy

"you have to be IT literate enough to not trust Google to store your passwords in chrome and CC details in pay,"

As mentioned by another, my password manager uses local storage only. I paid for it, but there's no way I will ever pay a subscription for software. I actually have three different password managers on my mobile: the paid one I use, and two cloudy ones I evaluated for other people. I deleted a few evaluation ones as well.

"but not literate enough to know password managers are a bad idea"

Huh? I don't know that. Auuuuuuuggggggggggghhh!!!

My password manager has over 500 passwords, all strong and all unique. I even have some saved passwords belonging to friends and family, given to me in my unpaid support role, which I keep against the day their password system stops working for them, and I'm asked to help with *that*. (And theirs are typically neither strong nor unique, but I'm not fighting that battle.) So please enlighten me how I'm supposed to manage all those passwords without a password manager?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon