Reply to post: Re: I wrote to an MEP

British owners of .eu domains given an extra three months to find a European address

Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: I wrote to an MEP

We pretty much are third country nationals.

That really is not true and the UK was indulged a lot during the negotiation period given its proposals for treating EU citizens in the UK and for the multiple "bargaining chip" episodes. You have health, residency, work, pension, visa renewal, and other rights for life in that country that third country nationals do not and you can use your long term residency in that country to relocate to other EU countries with fewer requirements.

In the first month a Greek national was already held for a week when trying to visit the UK despite EU citizens having until July to apply for settled status and visa-free tourism still being a thing between the EU and UK (but not maybe not for much longer if stuff like this goes on) so I would pray that the kleptocracy in the UK don't fuck it up for you.

But if you've been here for less time

The WA guidance notes explicitely state that duration doesn't matter, you just need to exercising tour EU treaty rights by the end of December.

that old wheeze of telling the taxman in one country that you're paying tax in the other and thus don't have any actual tax declarations to prove residency

Allow me to find my atomic-sized violin. By the way, tax and residency are different things, you just need to prove residency. They might help prove residency but other things prove residency too.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon