Reply to post: Re: Just say no

Amazon coughs up $62m to shoo away claims it stole driver tips, cut pay rates without telling them

Cuddles

Re: Just say no

"There is literally nothing I've found that I can't get through other outlets"

Indeed, not only have I been able to continue buying anything I want after ditching Amazon, it actually tends to be a much better experience overall. No more digging through hundreds of pages of counterfeit crap from fake companies, only to be shipped a fake anyway since Amazon just mixes everything up in its warehouses. No more constant nagging to buy the exact thing I just bought because despite all the spying Amazon still can't figure out how personalised adverts are actually supposed to work. And not really any loss in convenience, given that most places are able to ship orders within a day or two anyway.

I originally started using Amazon because it was actually a convenient place to find just about anything you wanted, in much the same way as department stores and then malls became popular previously. Even if you don't care about worker welfare, monopolistic behaviour, and so on, I think most people would find themselves happier without using Amazon just because of the improvement in shopping experience provided just about everywhere else (meaning real shops of course, not other unregulated flea markets like ebay).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon