Reply to post: Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

It may date back to 1994 but there's no end in sight for the UK's Chief customs system as Brexit rules beckon

John Robson Silver badge

Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

"You can't claim to want control of borders and simultaneously claim that there shouldn't be a border between the UK and the EU."

Why? I have heard this a few times and I expect you to be using the same mistaken assumption, but why cant we want control to do what we choose (on our side of the border)?

We can control what we do - but your complaint is that the EU are treating us as the third country which we now are.

"Now accept responsibility for the consequences of that decision."

I do. I am quite happy so far. Still happy with my choice.

So you think that the fishing industry, in particular the shellfish industry, is doing fine? It's undergoing complete collapse because trading with the EU as a third party isn't something anyone considered.

You think that the lack of tailbacks is due to anything other than a lack of lorries?

I have questioned your sanity before - but the level of doublethink required to even vaguely consider that we have yet seen a single benefit from leaving the EU is beyond comprehension by anyone with any contact with the ground.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon