Reply to post: Please explain

£30m in contracts awarded in Post Office's £357m ATM overhaul

Andy The Hat Silver badge

Please explain

"In addition, the system is intended to support the Post Office Card Account, a specially created bank account systems designed to allow people who have no other banking access to collect social security benefits, although the Department for Work and Pensions has since decided to withdraw support for the service."

I have a relation that collects her DWP pension in cash via a 'post office card account'. That facility was planned to and, as far as I'm aware, is still going to be withdrawn. Two things arise from this (a) she can't get to her money as it's got to go into a current account in a bank branch miles from home (don't even think of telling me to put an 89 year old onto internet banking so she can pay her milkman or how she should annoy the shopkeeper by using a card for a pint of milk.) and (b) it makes the above support facility a complete waste of money ...

So are the DWP "withdrawing support for the service" - in which case why are they spending money supporting it - or are they continuing to support the service in which case why haven't all those using the facility been told of a policy change?

Somewhere I have a picture of an arse and an elbow which I can hire out for comparison training ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon