Reply to post: GitLab is full of hack leaders and managers

GitLab removes its 'starter' tier: Users must either pay 5x more or lose features

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

GitLab is full of hack leaders and managers

GitLab is a complete joke of a company. VCs have Sid on a leash, and he'll jump any direction they tell him to and drag the company along with it. They went on this huge hiring spree, on a race to break 1000 employees because... well because. Some VC told them they needed 1000 employees. Their product roadmap is made up as they go along under the guise of Minimum Viable Product which amounts to throwing half-baked shit at the wall, praying it sticks, then moving on to the next half-baked project. I'd say a majority of the people in the company add no value, meaning you have to pull shenanigans like jacking your price up for loyal customers by 5x because you have no idea how to use cash to maximize return. Somehow there's this mythology inside of the company that they're on a rocket ship, with leadership clueless to the idea that burning money is a metaphor and not a business plan. Don't get me started at how much shit they make women in that company eat. They have some real talent that has to duck and weave around all the dick waving that goes on around there. Well, they did have real talent. All the people I thought were great wound up being driven away. I got the email telling women on the sales team to wear skirts to the sales retreat and I started planning my exit. If I were a betting person, I'd wager massive layoffs in the company mid-2021. Even the DELL/HP/IBM-sourced dipshits in the group I worked for saw the writing on the wall and have started jumping ship.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon