Reply to post: Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

It may date back to 1994 but there's no end in sight for the UK's Chief customs system as Brexit rules beckon

John Robson Silver badge

Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

"And we agree on that to a point. I entirely make that my point, you seem to be claiming that its the UK who is making that border, but as you say and I agree its the EU's border."

It's not a new border that they have created. We have moved outside an existing border.

Why should they treat us differently from the rest of the world?

The border across the island of Ireland is therefore new (because it wasn't there when the UK was part of the EU) and the fault of the people who changed things to put it there.

Yes, we've agreed to try to break the UK into it's constituent countries, because having a border across the island of Ireland is untenable. So we now have a border between the constituent countries of the UK. And that border is between the UK and the UK, and is the fault of the UK.

The border has in no way been created by the EU - we have moved an existing border, and many people have forgotten what borders are like... in part because no other country has ever signed such a massive trade reduction treaty as we just did...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon