Reply to post: Re: $5,999

Loser Trump's last financial disclosure docs reveal Tim Cook gave him $5,999 Mac Pro, the 'first' made in Texas

45RPM Silver badge

Re: $5,999

That wins an award for the most pointless comparison of the day! I have a Raspberry Pi which cost less than a tenner - it’s a computer too, but it doesn’t mean that it’s a valid comparison.

Did you one kilopound machine have comparable CPU performance - single threaded, multithreaded? A comparable monitor - resolution, response, colour accuracy? Comparable memory? Comparable storage? Etc., Etc. And whether it’s industrial grade or not is moot - what does that even mean? Is my Z800 Industrial Grade (it was built for business, after all)? And if it is, then is my old Mac Pro (which is, objectively, the better built machine)?

Still, if you’re happy with your computer then that’s really all that matters. And the $4800 that you saved can buy an awful lot of good stuff. A nice second hand car. A holiday. A pair of Apple Airpod Max Pro (coming soon, with optional extra cost, wheeled bra to transport the heavy ass things around)!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon