Reply to post: Re: So what's the risk here?

Former NCSC chief says US sanctions made Britain strip Huawei from mobe networks

amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: So what's the risk here?

All data is tracked these days - I'm not going to post anonymously because it means nothing to No Such Agency - if I think it's anonymous then they are all laughing. ... Version 1.0

A safe and sensible assumption, Version 1.0. I imagine there's not much laughing in the NSA whenever they realise the secrets they are not privy to, the results of which are being ACTively developed and smartly deployed to benefit the East and their customers/clients/consumers in leading technological and socioeconomic fields of postmodern endeavour .... and which the El Reg admirably keeps you wonderfully well informed about, with the following link just being a most recent one doing such honours .... https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/20/the_next_generation_data_centre/

And the West/Five Eyes cohorts in their collective wisdom choose to cut themselves off from an obviously very successfully stealthily engineered and presented supply chain of enterprises and products, and all too apparently simply because the inscrutable industrious East are merely doing exactly what the West would like to be doing so much better and light years decades ahead of them in fields in which a week is a heck of a long time. Now that certainly is not smart no matter how long you deny it being stupid and citing it necessary.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon