Reply to post: Re: My guess as to what actually happened

150,000 lost UK police records looking more like 400,000 as Home Office continues to blame 'human error'

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: My guess as to what actually happened

This is pretty much exactly what I have been saying, to which the responses have been along the lines of, "you must be some sort of Guardian reading remoaning snowflake libtard" (I paraphrase, it doesn't look like CJ has got here yet). I strongly suspect this is yet another of the amazing benefits that brexit is giving us, but some seem to enjoy keeping that cosy wool pulled over their eyes for that little bit longer.

Of course, we have no evidence that this has anything at all to do with the "b" word, but then again, reading between the lines, Priti Patel hasn't exactly been quick in coming forward with an adequate explanation, or indeed one that says, "this has nothing to do with brexit"...

I wonder if we will ever get a proper technical explanation of what has happened here. In theory, the purpose and workings of such a system should be public knowledge, even if the data held in it is not. The absence, or vagueness, of such an explanation in itself suggests something is being covered up, and it's not a step too far to conjecture that this is because it may be embarrassing to the government.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon