Reply to post: Generational Geographic

Bye bye, said Trump admin to Huawei: You give a cheque-ie to our techies, but there's no licence to ply

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Generational Geographic

Great title, as long as your a UK pensioner with a penchant for American songs that didn't reach #1 in the UK charts back in the days. Otherwise its just confusing.

What's a record player? a record? a cheque? Granddad?

Anyway...

Huawei didn't die, China didn't "do Trump a favor though" like he asked them to, and in the time since the last story like this came out, my favorite tablet, the Alldocube iPlay20 has gone through 4 iterations and is currently the Alldocube iPlay 40, using a Unisoc T618 processor. Way faster than the Samsung S6 lite and A7, with twice the RAM and twice the storage, and a lot cheaper (almost half the price despite paying for the active stylus).

Given they've gone iPlay20 , iPlay20 Pro, iPlay30, iPlay20 Pro, iPlay40, in about 6 months ... I guess if I wait 6 weeks it'll be the iPlay40 *pro* have 12 GB of RAM instead of 8GB and 256 GB Flash instead of 128!

Blink and you've missed it. How exactly can you compete with product cycles of weeks instead of years?

Huawei, sadly, still ships with Google Mobile Services, because their dumbass resellers keep after-market installing it onto the tablet, which is annoying if your trying to get clean tablets. Alldocube has only the Google crapware to disable, Huawei has both its Baidu set and the the Google set the dealers slap on.

The world keeps turning. The floaty orange turd is flushing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon