Reply to post: Re: Small difference

We didn't collude with Twitter to throw Parler off our servers, says AWS in court filing

MachDiamond Silver badge

Re: Small difference

"who even uses twitter?"

I used to when it first went live. It was new and fun. I received some return tweets from Eric Idle and Steve Martin which was a kick.

When they dropped support for my old Mac, I dropped them. It got to be too hard to use it for much of anything. Some people I followed, I had to stop following as they started tweeting multiple times per hour or day. If I wasn't following somebody, I wouldn't see their posts and there is no way to keep up if you follow a gazillion accounts. Even following a dozen or so can be overwhelming.

I am more inclined to read a longer blog post than a tweet. More information that isn't compromised to fit the tight dimensions of a tweet. It means far less ambiguity if the writer has space to build proper paragraphs. This is the same reason I don't watch much news on TV. More time seems to be spent keeping up with the celebrity wankers than news that matters. I can curate my reading list far easier and quicker than the talking heads can get mispronounced science terms out.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon