Reply to post: Re: Communist = Nazist

It's been a day or so and nope, we still can't wrap our head around why GitHub would fire someone for saying Nazis were storming the US Capitol

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Communist = Nazist

No - the commenters have universally acknowledged that the avowedly Communist societies of the last century were ghastly violent repressive etc. Some have suggested that communism as an end-point philosophy wouldn't be a bad thing, where everyone had equal opportunity and equal access to societies resources, You can aspire to Utopian ideals (of whatever political flavour) without expecting Utopia to be realisable.

But the key point in this discussion is that in the wake of the attempted violent overthrow of a democratic government several commentators have sought , if not to defend, to deflect by saying 'what about the communists?'. To which he answer is - they weren't involved last week.

If I get caught stealing my house mate's milk from the fridge, whining that 'Fred ate my yoghurt last month' is just that; whining. I did the crime I should do the time. Bringing Fred into the case is irrelevant. Though a riposte by my house-mates to remind me of the level of sanction imposed on fred might not be out of place.....

Serious question. In what way is anything in modern US politics akin to Marxist ideology? Do you really think that it's the most imminent danger to democracy in the USA?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon