Reply to post: Re: Typical Indian male behavior

Four women seek release from forced arbitration to sue Infosys for widespread gender discrimination

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Typical Indian male behavior

Or it speaks volumes about the employment package you offer.

To a foreigner anything is better than they can get in their home country.

Foreigners are more likely to take a chance on a crazy job description as well, they'll take anything...what have they got to lose? Any job suits them.

On the other hand a Brit (like me, looks at a job spec and when he see's a list of skills as long as his dick, he see's a firm that hasn't got a clue what it needs or a piss poor internal communications chain, basically somewhere that won't be fun to work in).

British workers aren't escaping tyranny, crap working environments or hostile governments. So the motivation for taking a role is different.

Calling your fellow countrymen dumb and berating the education system is disingenuous.

We have loads of world class technical talent, some of the best in the world, we just don't have any world class businesses to work for. They're all overseas in South Korea, the US, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland etc. Which is where British talent has been going for decades.

Why would I work for a British firm for a farting £50k a year when I can contract overseas and pay less tax for 5 times that?

£50k is massive to a Romanian, Indian etc, which is why they come here, but to a talented Brit it's peanuts. It doesn't even get you a decent mortgage anymore.

If your firm doesn't attract British talent it means your bosses are tight as fuck and very uncompetitive or the work environment is like a sweatshop.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon