Reply to post:

Loser Trump is no longer useful to Twitter, entire account deleted over fears he'll whip up more mayhem

Muppet Boss
Joke

>By all means, the Donald has been a clown president, but I am disturbed over the media narratives of "mostly peaceful left wing riots" (40+ dead and 300+ arsons) vs a "deadly far-right riot on the capital" (4 deaths, of which at least 3 were not caused by any violent act by the protestors).

It is so interesting to see how not only the media but also US tech companies are bravely taking sides. Spectating from the outside, blocking Trump and Parler does look similar to silencing "dangerous" views online in China and blocking "harmful" platforms such as Facebook. Only in China there was a court decision, and in the US tech companies seem to not need any court when judging what is "inciting" and what is not. The Trumpistas might need to learn a thing or two about Tor, VPNs and avoiding blocks if they want their speech unmuted and uncensored. Surely, the American public knows better whom to block and whom to censor, I am definitely not challenging black-and-white views of the world (no pun intended, honestly).

I was thinking of hinting that Android apps can easily be sideloaded and that Alibaba Cloud has 2 regions in the US after Amazon kicks out the Bad Guys. Upon further thinking though, this could possibly be perceived by someone as helping the Bad Guys to avoid the Good Guys' rightful ire so I would rather keep silent on that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon