Reply to post: Re: Can't be that bad? Really?

Two wrongs don't make a right: They make a successful project sign-off

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Can't be that bad? Really?

There's a bit more to that stuff you received about our UK push.

The government has targeted 14 million vaccinations by the end of January. As of 8 January, they have delivered 1.11 million, having commenced vaccinations on 8 December.

My parents are over 80 and in the bracket for vaccination imminently. We have been told to 'wait for the letter of invitation', and 'do not phone the NHS or your GP to ask'.

Then, someone sent me a link to Swiftqueue, an online healthcare platform working with the NHS.

I have got them booked in for their jabs next week, with the booster date already booked for March (though that may change once the 21-day-no-3-month-no-21-day-after-all conga dance is sorted).

Swiftqueue lists four local vaccination hubs - all of which are not the ones the media keeps going on about. One of them had vacant slots at from 6.15pm today when I checked at 6pm! So those slots have gone. Another has dozens of slots from Monday.

And yet no one has been told of these places. It's word of mouth.

That information you were given can be seen here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55516277

And then we have people defending this purely on the strength of the fact we 'beat' the French and started vaccinations before they did! It's too much of a game for some people.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon