Reply to post: Delay and you face another coup

Loser Trump is no longer useful to Twitter, entire account deleted over fears he'll whip up more mayhem

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Delay and you face another coup

That's exactly what Trump is trying for, *delay*! Kick him out now, do not delay.

Trump and Guilliani were trying to delay the vote until beyond the end of the next day. See below they were calling around trying to get a delay till the evening of the next day. So obviously it's something they could do quickly. What could you do to seize power in two days?

I note that among the hillbilly crowd were people properly disguised and properly equipped. One of them was photograph with the wide cable-tie restraints police use to tie the hands of people.

So they were planning to take hostages.

I also not that the capitol police let them in. The woman that was shot, there was literally two heavily armed capitol police man just standing there behind her. Doing nothing. If you haven't seen it, the police lined the corridor as the protestors walked between them. The Senators and Congressmen are inside that building they're supposed to be defending:

https://tuckbot.tv/#/watch/kteag7

So, what can you do in a day and a half delay in the vote with hostages? You can go to the Supreme Court, with a fake 'compromise', to 'ease the hostage situation', of delaying the handover of power till all the claims are investigated thoroughly. Which of course can be a never ending story, since Trump can make an infinite number of false claims, and controls the investigators.

This is what I think their strategy was. Kavanaugh and Amy Cohen Barret can portray themselves as the good guys... saving hostages. Trump and Rudy can pretend to be... saving hostages yet of course their people took the hostages in the first place!

And yet again January 15th pops up. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund, a Trump appointee, has resigned, but not effective until January 16th! Why not now Steven? Why not immeditely? Why delay it till after January 15th? 2200 police offices under you, and you put only 5 police on each entrance and even then, several of them were witnessed opening the gates and waving them in.

Here's the Trump /Rudy attempt to delay the vote. i.e. note the complicit behavior. They are not seeking the National Guard, they are working hand in hand at the same time to delay the vote. The National Guard could not get permission to enter Washington Dc till much later.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

Trump and Guillliani called Senators while his mob was attacking asking them to delay the certification.

"Lee's spokesman said the calls from Trump and his attorney were intended for Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a newly elected Republican from Alabama. The effort by the White House to get Tuberville to delay certification of the votes...."

"Tuberville spoke with Trump for less than 10 minutes, with the President trying to convince him to make additional objections to the Electoral College vote in a futile effort to block Congress' certification of President-elect Joe Biden's win"

Then Rudy tried:

""Sen. Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer," he said according to to the transcript.

"I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you," Giuliani said,

"I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it ... the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow -- ideally until the end of tomorrow."

So they needed a delay till the end of the following day. i.e. they had a plan that could be executed quickly.

Every lawmaker and politicians needs to ensure their own personal security over the next days. Trump will get more desperate.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon