Reply to post: Careful. Slow down and THINK.

United States Congress stormed by violent followers of defeated president, Biden win confirmation halted

jake Silver badge

Careful. Slow down and THINK.

A couple hundred hot-headed idiots are not going to stop the political process here in the United States. Their actions are not going to affect anyone in the US in any way, shape or form long-term ... Except for themselves[0]. The dumb-asses will be processed, and dealt with according to law.

Remember, children, protest is GOOD. Everybody is allowed to voice their opinion here in the US. And we SHOULD. However, dumb-asses rioting and busting into Federal buildings isn't voicing an opinion, it's an attempt at insurrection. Which is about as anti-American as it gets. How dare they?

Congress will resume in the morning, the Republicans will have their little tiff, the Democrats (with the help of the VP) will probably gain control of the Senate, and Biden will be sworn in at Noon on Inauguration Day. Nothing will stop this, regardless of what the cry-baby in the Oval Office and his self-appointed violent minions try to do.

As for me and mine, nothing that is happening in DC this afternoon will affect our lives one bit. It is absolutely laughable to think otherwise, no matter how much the news tries to suggest otherwise. This is a story that happened, but it's all over now ... barring the mopping up, of course. Time to get on with prepping dinner, tomorrow is another day. Will probably lightly till the trash under in the big veggie garden and put in our yearly Winter cover crop to hold the soil in until spring. Life continues, and we all gotta eat.

[0] Yes, I know, apparently one women was hurt badly, possibly shot. Keep her and her family in your thoughts. They have done absolutely nothing to deserve being put into this position by a handful of un-American thugs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon